11 January 2015

The week in review

This blog is inspired by the fact that (A) I am creatively brain dead (B) I have to write something and (C) just before this I planned my weekly menu. So, what happened last week...

I had to go into to work to participate in the annual science fest, so mum was over to babysit D. I love this about being in the same city as mum and mum-in-law: on-demand baby-sitting! But going into work meant that I had to get organized before D was up so bath, my breakfast, her breakfast, maid jobs should all be ready by 8. I shouldn't be complaining. It's not like I had to get up at 4am and grate 3 coconuts. But it meant I couldn't dilly-dally either. No sipping coffee, staring outside window and pondering the state of The Hindu editorial. All chop, chop, chop. And it worked quite well once I put my mind to it. 

One issue I was facing was getting organized for dinner. No, I didn't I have to make it, but I have to figure out what to get made based on what's rotting, what's left over etc etc., Previously, invariably, I would overlook something in a white dubba and get a fungal garden. I avoided this by planning a weekly menu. That's 10mins of decision making spared each morning. This was so successful, I am wondering if I should come up with something like this for my wardrobe.

I have to credit mum for a pep talk about this last Sunday. She's the queen of organizing and gave me the low down on getting my act together so that I can contemplate how to morph into a "working mom".

No comments:

Post a Comment