This is a quick, low-resource requiring sabji.
- Cauliflower - Chopped into florets. The faster you want it cooked the smaller it has to be
- Red pepper - Chopped into two cm bits. Same rules as above.
- Jeera/ Cumin seeds
- Dried Red Chillies (Optional)
- Coriander leaves (Optional)
- Put oil in pan, heat. Half a tsp suffices if you are watching your oil consumption.
- When hot, toss in jeera and red chillies. Do not burn it. As soon as roasted aroma hits the nostrils, throw in the cauliflower.
- Sprinkle couple tblsps of water
- Cover the pan; when cauliflower is tender, toss in the red pepper.
- Few tsps of water, put the cover, allow it to steam for a couple of secs.
- Done. Salt it up. Garnish with coriander if you want more colours in the dish.
I haven't mentioned ratios or proportions because you can pretty much put in any combination and it will be fine. Tadka/ tempering quantities for jeera and red chillies apply. For tadka/tempering ideas for dal, click here.